Nikon D90 is one of the best selling digital SLRs. Some good reviews, best lenses and accessories, tutorial books were collected here for you as an one stop place to know all about this great camera.
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second
- First D-SLR with an HD movie mode: 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) at 24 fps.
- ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
- 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD monitor.
- Built-in image sensor cleaning.
- 11-point AF system
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System
- Auto Active D-Lighting
- Durable, high precision shutter: Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures shutter life and accuracy.
- In-Camera Image Editing
- GPS geo-tagging
Nikon D90 user’s Manual can be downloaded here.
Nikon D90 sample Photos, Sample videos
Nikon D90 reviews:
Nikon D90 Review by Richard Butler & Simon Joinson-dpreview.com “The image quality, whether at base ISO or the higher settings, is excellent even if it can need a bit of tweaking of the internal settings to tailor the output to specific needs.
- Excellent photo quality
- superb high ISO performance
- Dedicated AF-assist lamp
- Great dynamic range, among the best we’ve seen
- Excellent high-ISO performance
- Fast AF system, good shutter response
Best lenses for Nikon D90
Beginners may want to read this post to understand the terms: How to understand Nikon lenses For the most affordable lenses: Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR and telephoto lens Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Nikkor Lens ($216.87 at amazon). Both lenses are light, sharp lenses with very useful VR (vibration reduction). If you prefer one lens, Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens is a very popular lens. More on the best Nikon lenses: Best Nikon lenses
Nikon D90 accessories:
Digital SLR accessories cost a lot! To save your money, I listed the links to the best prices of accessories. The most essential accessories are
- An extra battery
Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
- External flash:
Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash
- Digital SLR bags:
Nikon CF-D80 Semi-Soft Case. Lowepro Slingshot 200 All Weather Backpack is a very good back pack
A good shoulder bag: Lowepro Rezo 170AW camera bag.
- SD cards: you need at least two 4G to 8G cards. Read the best SD cards for Nikon D90.
- For more details on D90 accessories read here.