Nikon D90 accessories: lens, battery grip, remote control, tripod
Nikon D90 is the first ever digital SLR with HD movie mode. In the previous post, the best lenses for Nikon D90 were selected: Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
is a very good and convenient walk around lens. IF you prefer high end lenses: Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G AF-S is an excellent walk around lens or standard lens. Tokina AF 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX (IF) is a very good wide angle lens. Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR is the prefect telephoto lens.
Here are the most essential accessories for Nikon D90:
- An extra battery Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery or the best a multi-power battery pack MB-D80
- External flash: Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash
- Digital SLR bags: Nikon CF-D80 Semi-Soft Case. For people who prefer a backpack: Lowepro Slingshot 200 All Weather Backpack is a very good one. A good shoulder bag: Lowepro Rezo 170AW camera bag.
- Filters: circular polarizer is one of the most useful filters read here. For best polarizer filters, read here. For UV filters and where to buy, read here.
- SDHC/ SD Memory cards: San Disk, Kingston and Lexar are good brand to buy. You need two 8G cards so that you can record HD video.
Both receive excellent reviews among users at amazon. I have a very similar tripod and this ball head. It is very nice, the only complain is that it is relatively heavy. It is not for hiking.
- Remote control cord: Wireless Remote Control ML-L3 or wired Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord.