Canon Rebel T3 / EOS 1100D
Canon Rebel T3 or 1100D is the successor of Canon’s entry level digital SLR Canon XS or 1000D. Canon T3 will be available in March for $599.99 with kit lens Canon 18-55mm IS.
Canon EOS Rebel T3 or 1100D key features:
- 12.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- ISO 100 – 6400
- HD Movie mode with expanded recording [HD: 30p / 25p], and with in-camera movie editing options.
- 9-point AF system using f/5.6 cross-type center point.
- 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system
- 3.0 fps continuous shooting
- 2.7-inch LCD monitor (230,000 dots) with Live View
- Viewfinder: Pentamirror with 95% coverage
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
Canon T3 or 1100D best lenses:
The kit lens Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS of Canon T3 should be good based on the previous versions. It has a four-stop image stabilization. The second lens you need is a telephoto lens. You have many choices here . But you can start with the most affordable Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS which is also a very good lens with four stop image stabilization (for a review). You might also want to get Canon 50mm f/1.8, which is cheap, sharp and also a nice portrait lens. Canon 50mm f/1.8 is the best selling lens on amazon.More information on best canon lenses: Best Canon lenses.
Canon XS or 1000D accessories:
- Back up battery: Canon LP-E10.
- Canon Deluxe photo backpack 200EG.
- Compact bag, Lowpro Rezo TLZ10 is an excellent one.
- In addition, you also need SD or SDHC cards and an external flash such as Canon 430EX II or Canon 580EX II.