Canon EOS 60D
Canon 60D is the successor of the Canon 50D with significant upgrades including: 18 MP CMOS sensor with 3″ LCD with 1,040,000 dots resolution; 1080p HD video recording and SD memory card. Available at the end of September, the Canon 60D comes in a kit with the 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens for US$1,399.00, and body only for US$1,099.00.
Key features of Canon 60D from manufacturer’s description:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor
- ISO 100 – 6400 (expandable to 12800)
- Improved EOS HD Video mode with manual exposure control, sound recording level adjustment and an external microphone IN terminal for access to improved sound quality. HD video capture at 1080p 30fps, 1280x720p at 50/60 fps and 640x480p at 50/60 fps.
- Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor for shooting at low angles and 1,040,000-dot VGA with reflection reduction using multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- 5.3 fps continuous shooting up to approx. 58 Large/JPEGs and 16 RAW.
- 96% viewfinder coverage allowing you to see more of your image in the viewfinder.
- Enhanced iFCL 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system; and 9-point AF system utilizing a high-precision, f/2.8 cross-type center point.
- New convenient in-camera features allow you to convert RAW images into JPEGs and set the images to a 3:2 aspect ratio.
Best lenses for Canon 60D
The best walk around lens is Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. This lens is very sharp with constant and large aperture 2.8. The three stop image stabilization allows to take photos at low light. With the 1.6x factor, Canon 17-55mm corresponds to 27-88mm in a 35mm camera.
For more details on the best canon lenses, read here.
Canon 60D reviews and sample images
Canon 60D accessories
- Canon LP-E6 battery pack. or the best Canon BG-E9 Battery Grip
- Canon Deluxe photo backpack 200EG. Shoulder bag: Lowepro Rezo 170AW camera bag. Compact bag, Lowpro Rezo TLZ20
- External flash: Canon 430EX II or Canon 580EX II