Best time to buy iMac, MacBook, iPhone and iPods
when is the best time to buy apple products?
To understand this, you need to know apple product cycle, the possible major, mini updates or discounts. When the first generation of a brand new apple product was just launched, you might want to wait for a while to see if the product was well received among users. If the product was well received among users and there is no immediate updates of the products, this is the best time to buy. If there will be a major product update, a major possible discount, you should wait.
The following is the time table for each categories of apple products buying guide:
- iPod Classic: launched Sept 2007, the new product will be out soon, not buy.
- iPod touch: Launched Sept 2007, major upgrade Feb 2008, next generation possible Sep, 2008. You can wait or buy depending on your needs. Next generation major upgrade unclear now.
- iPod nano launched Sep 2007, closed to the end of product cycle, not buy, wait for next release.
- iPod shuffle: last release Feb 2008, you can buy or wait
- Mac mini: Don’t buy, update soon
- iMac: Just released. Buy now
- Mac Pro: buy or wait up to your needs.
- MacBook: Buy or wait depend on your needs.
- MacBook Pro: Buy or wait depending on your needs
- MacBook Air: new product, product cycle not clear
- iPhone: Don’t buy, updates as early as the end of June
For the more detailed apple product buyer’s guide see here.